Saturday 26 May 2012

Baking delights

I've been a little housewife in training the last few weeks, firstly making delicious vanilla cupcakes with pink vanilla buttercream icing for a girlfriends engagement party, who was kind enough to fly me over to NZ especially for it! So lovely! The cupcakes were made using crabapple cupcake bakeries book, and they are to die for! The cupcakes themselves are pretty low cal, especially the mini versions, but wow that icing is full of sugar! Definitely a treat to be consumed in small amounts!!

Later this week once back home I made some low cal mixed berry muffins. I was a bit naughty and used Betty Crocker packet mix, and just omitted the mixed berry mix in favour of 2 cups of frozen raspberries and blueberries. They are actually really good! Perfect with a pot of tea of skinny latte in my break at work, and at about 150cals per serve, you can enjoy them guilt free :)

Next week i'm looking forward to baking my best friend some adorable champagne cupcakes! I've been dying to try these, hopefully they turn out well! Will post the results :)

No comments:

Post a Comment