Thursday 10 May 2012

Protein Pancakes!

This morning I wanted to try something different, so decided to try the Protein Pancake recipe from Blogilates, which Cassey had altered from the girls at Tone It Up.

I changed the recipe slightly, and made a little more as I like a substantial breakfast, so the below recipe is half what I made today:

2 eggs (1/4 cup)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp psyllium husk
2 tbs light soy milk (I prefer Soy Milky Lite)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl (mine was a little lumpy but that didn't affect the pancakes). Cook in a non-stick pan, make them small or big (I made a few small ones but in future would maybe make 2 large ones). Flip when bubbles begin to appear in top.

I also heated 80g of frozen fruit in a saucepan to drizzle over, and next time will try maple syrup instead.

The pancakes weren't as sweet as the normal kind, but we're still tasty, however they are a little dry so topping is necessary. The banana in tone it ups original recipe may help combat this too. They were very filling, but not as good as my porridge! But being so high in protein and low in carbs is great!! I may try Blogilates version with a whole egg and no cinnamon next time too.

http://toneitup.com/blog.php?Protein-Pancakes-Low-carb-low-fat-and-delicious-1973

http://blogilates.com/recipe-index/healthy-breakfasts/pre-contest-protein-pancakes

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment