Monday 7 May 2012

my favourite breakfast..

Breakfast is easily my favourite meal of the day, and has been since I was only little. I've been known to even eat breakfast foods for lunch and dinner I love it that much!

Now while I'm a big fan of scrambled eggs, French toast, pancakes and muesli for my first meal of the day, lately I've been absolutely loving porridge with LSA mix, cinnamon and fresh berries. So nutritious and yummy, I look forward to it every day! My recipe is:

40g Uncle Toby's Weight Wise oats
2/3 cup Soy Milky Lite Soy Milk
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Small handful fresh raspberries and blueberries (frozen would work too!)
1 tbs LSA mix (ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds)

Cook the oats in a saucepan with milk and cinnamon, stirring until thick and combined

Transfer to bowl and sprinkle with berries, then top with LSA

I couldn't find any blueberries at the supermarket so had to go without (boo!)

Nutritional Info:
Calories : 304
Fat: 10.9g
Saturated Fat: 1.7g
Carbohydrates: 31.1g
Sugar: 4.8g
Fibre: 10g
Protein: 14.6g

2 comments:

  1. some great breakfast ideas!

    xo
    the wing women
    http://wing-women.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have healthy high protein and delish pancake, waffle and French toast recipes up in the future!

      Love the concept of your blog, couldn't agree more with your mantra!

      Delete