Tuesday 8 May 2012

Strength training!

A little over a year and a half ago I discovered my love of strength training. Strength and resistance training is such a fantastic way to lose fat and improve your physique, because not only are you strengthening your muscles, your doing cardio at the same time!

I like to change up my routine to keep things interesting every 3 months. Here are some examples of exercises I do, a lot of them can be done at home!

5 minute warm up (I like to run)
3 x 10 bar push ups
3 x 10 assisted chin ups
3 x 10 squats with weighted barbell
3 x 20 weighted walking lunges
3 x 1 minute bosu ball planks (as shown in picture from thefitnessdude.com - 30 seconds in position C then 30 in position A)
3 x 30 second boxing with dumbbells
3 x 10 tricep dips
3 x 10 lat pull downs
5 minutes of intervals on rowing machine (30 seconds normal pace, 30 seconds your fastest pace, repeat)

Don't forget to stretch afterwards! I walk home from the gym and use that as my cool down.

Of course you don't need to do all of these, and do the number of sets/reps that works for you :)

I'm feeling good, looking forward to some delicious baked salmon and steamed veggies for dinner!!

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment